Yellow Squash Patties
- 8 medium yellow squash, shredded
- 1 onion, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Add all ingredients to list
- Place the squash and onion in a colander, sprinkle with salt, and drain about 30 minutes, until no longer moist.
- In a bowl, mix the squash and onion, flour, cornmeal, egg, and cheese. Season with pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Drop squash mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls into the skillet, and cook 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
Submitted by Dianna Charron